1. Preface 前言
Students who are admitted into our school mainly hail from families who are resident in China and for whom Mandarin is a lingua franca. Many of our parents have some knowledge of overseas educational programmes and are committed to providing their children with schooling within a liberal learning environment.
SIPFLS offers a holistic education and believes that students can thrive within the context of an English-medium curriculum, and that with their parents’ support, capitalize on the educational programmes and opportunities offered by the school and achieve success. SIPFLS admits students of all nationalities. Students with special educational needs will be separately assessed to meet the school’s SEN policy.
Applications for entry are made through the school’s online registration system (ORS) accessed via the SIPFLS website (http://www.sipfls.com). For Year 10 and Year 11, applications can be made during any of following periods of time, namely between January to March, or from April to June. The former period is opened to SIPFLS Year 9 students.
2. Year Level Placement年级分配
Please note that the Year Group entered by parents on the application form may need to be amended to ensure that the child's date of birth matches the age requirements of the school.
Year of Birth出生年份:
a. Applicants must submit the application package in full.
b. Applicants will need to attend an admission interview and assessment, subject to vacancies; an interview with parents is included in the process.
c. Following a successful admission interview and assessment, the school will send out a letter of offer.
d. Acceptance of the offer must be confirmed by payment of a deposit.
3. Supported Documents 支持的文件
A hard copy of the completed online application form, along with supporting documents, must be sent directly to the school. Supporting documents include copies of:
• Application fee receipt
• Student's Birth Certificate
• Student's China ID Card and/or Passport (including their visa status), if issued
• Student's current and preceding year’s school reports
• A reference letter from the student’s current school
• Examination certificates/results if the student completed an overseas middle school course
• Parents’ China ID Cards and/or Passports
• 6 student’s passport high quality photographs showing clear facial features, measuring 5cm (height) by 4cm (width)
An application with insufficient supporting documents or non-payment of fees will not be processed.
4. Interview and Assessment 入学面试和测试
Applicants must demonstrate through interview and assessment that they are capable of engaging with an English medium curriculum. Applicants’ learning and social skills, together with their ability to cooperate with adults and other students, will be taken into consideration.
The interview aims to ascertain the student’s potential for language learning, academic ability and ability to engage and succeed within the curriculum offered by the school.
Applicants' academic background, previous school reports and supporting documents will also be taken into account. Applicants must be able to demonstrate appropriate social skills, behavioural responsibility and the principles of good citizenship.
A parent’s statement and an interview with parents contribute to the school’s decision.
5. Minimum Entry Criteria 入学基准
IB Bridging ProgramIB 预备课程
· Minimum 500 Middle School Results excluding PE score.
· English standard must be at least 4.5 for IELTS, 60 for TOFEL or 60% for English Entrance Test.
· Maths and Science Middle School Test must be at least 70% and History/Geography/Politics at least 60% on average.
· Minimum 450 Middle School Results excluding PE score.
· English standard must be at least 4.5 for IELTS, 60 for TOFEL or 50% for English Entrance Test.
· Maths Middle School Test must be at least 70% and History/Geography/Politics at least 60% on average.
6. Fees 费用
For 2018/19 academic year, school fees and deposit are as follows:-
Application Fee 申请费用
RMB 300 300元人民币
High School Preparation Program (Year 9 to 10)
RMB 110,000 over 2 semesters
IB Diploma Programme (Year 11 to 12)
IA Diploma Programme (Year 11 to 12)
RMB 128,000 over 2 semesters
RMB 110,000 over 2 semesters(Excl. Air-ticket & Visa)
Miscellaneous Fee (include academic, co-curricular activities, uniform and insurance)
RMB 40,000 (boarding)
RMB 30,000 (non-boarding)
· Full Fees are due on the first day of the school year. Please note that parents are held responsible for payment of school fees regardless of whether the fees are actually paid by their employers or any other third party.
· Statements of account and receipts can be issued upon request. Please contact the school’s Finance department if a receipt is required.
· Please note that if fee payments are overdue, students may be de- registered. De-registered students will not be re-admitted until all arrears have been cleared, together with a late fee of RMB3000. Furthermore, there is no guarantee that the student will rejoin his or her former class.
· Fees remain payable if a student goes on leave during term time.
· If your child is going to withdraw from the school, please complete the official “Early Withdrawal Notice” and submit the notice to the school’s Admission office at least one calendar month before the last attendance date. Under any circumstances, if your child leaves school at the end of the school year, the withdrawal notice must be received by 31st May. An “Early Withdrawal Notice” is accessible from the school’s Admission office.
· If a student leaves or is permitted to leave midway during the term, the school fees from the date of admission to the date of leaving are payable, even if the student is no longer attending for the rest of that month.
7. Admissions Enquiries 入学咨询
Enquiries may be sent to email@example.com or at 86-0512-62897710.